Walking can do more for your life than just improve your health. Here are a few additional advantages of putting one foot in front of the other for 20 minutes every day:
- Ideas. They will slowly swirl up from your subconscious, boosting your creativity for problem solving and organizing
- Feelings. Walking helps you work through feelings and reduce cortisol levels, helping you feel greater calm and control.
- Sights. When you walk, you see things that can spark new ideas, solutions, or perspectives.
- People. You might encounter other humans as you walk. Those people might think differently than your usual crowd, giving you new perspectives and even friendships.
- Hormone Health. You know that walking helps you lose weight, improve your heart rate, and lower stress hormones.